This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Internal Audit Manager
Location: Golden Branch / Golden, CO
Job Code: 157
# of Openings: 1
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Pay Range: $66,300 - $82,800/Annually
Summary: Responsible for implementing and overseeing an internal credit union auditing program. Conducts and directs audits and ongoing reviews of credit union controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations. Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls. Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard credit union assets. Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements. Directs and appraises the activities of audit personnel. Develops and implements employee training and makes recommendation to modify procedures and manuals as needed. Serves as liaison for all external audit and regulatory agencies. Conducts all aspects of internal fraud investigations, and reports finding to the Supervisory Committee and Senior Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assists in developing short and long-term goals and objectives. Prepares an annual plan and risk assessment for auditing all Departments and Branches.
- Keeps the President informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Completes and submits required reports, records, and related documents. Prepares reports of progress towards completion of the annual plan. Reviews and discusses audit reports with the President.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that Credit Union-wide plans are complemented and supported. Coordinates internal auditing programs with those formulated by the Credit Union's independent and regulatory auditors.
- Develops policies and procedures for auditing operations in conjunction with Supervisory Committee recommendations. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Acts as an internal controls/system consultant.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are current and in compliance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Oversees and reviews operational and Branch audits for the purpose of determining adherence with Credit Union policies, regulations, financial controls, and financial industry standards. Ensures accurate cash counts and confirmations. Ensures adequate test work, conducts related discussions with management, develops recommendations, and provides risk assessments.
- Oversees, and reviews financial and credit audit analyses. Discusses reviews with appropriate managers and develops recommendations and risk assessments.
- Conducts, oversees, and reviews internal fraud investigations. Oversees employee audits and applicable background checks. Coordinates reporting and prosecution with appropriate authorities, insurance company, and Management. Files Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR’s) and reports SAR Log to Supervisory Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Performs special investigations or audits upon the request of the Supervisory Committee, Board of Directors, or Senior Management.
- Provides leadership to Audit personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts staff meetings as required.
- Makes assessment that personnel are well-trained, effective, and optimally used. Provides regular training regarding policy, procedures, and program changes as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of audits and assignment of audit staff.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required. Implements corrective actions as needed.
- Assists and supports Credit Union personnel and management as required.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained both internally and externally.
- Ensures that appropriate levels of security and confidentiality are maintained.
- Acts as a principal representative of the Credit Union in contact with business and trade associations, and external auditors. Promotes the Credit Union’s interests.
- Stays informed of changing auditing procedures, policies, and industry trends.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
Directly supervises employees in the Internal Audit Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the credit union's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus three years of auditing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Financial institution and fraud audit experience is required. CPA-Auditing experience with the Symitar system preferred.
COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Seeks and used first-hand member information to improve products and services; Acts with the member in mind. Is never satisfied; always thinks continuous improvement.
TEAMWORK Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations. Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
DECISION QUALITY Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
PROBLEM SOLVING Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
ACTION ORIENTED Overcomes procrastination through execution. Places a top priority on getting results.
ADAPTABLE Embraces and drives change. Assists others through transitioning to new state. Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
STRATEGIC AGILITY Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state .
LEADING Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; Demonstrates
COURAGEOUSLY the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to
THROUGH make tough choices. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense
VISION AND VALUES of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Branch operations, procedures, and functions.
Understanding of Credit Union products and services.
Knowledge of audit procedures.
Able to work well independently.