This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Location: Accounting Department/Denver, CO
Job Code: 208
# of Openings: 1
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Pay Range: $89,500 - $111,900
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and statistical reports including NCUA Call Report.
- Insures all accounting activities are in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), applicable laws, regulations and credit union policies/procedures.
- Responsible for proper structuring, maintenance and reconciliation of all General Ledger Accounts.
- Works with retained CPA firm to ensure clean audit and preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Serves as a member of the Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO) and the Investment Committee. Supports the work of senior management and the ALCO through the development, preparation and analysis of appropriate reports and through the use of ALM modeling systems to perform rate shock analyses, income simulations and other financial projections.
- Responsible for all applicable tax accounting and reporting.
- Responsible for developing and completing annual department business plan and budget.
- Assists in the preparation of other branch/department and consolidated budgets and provides subsequent variance reporting as required.
- Responsible for assuring the proper approval and classification of all expenditures. .
- Applies thorough knowledge of the proper accounting and reporting of the investment portfolio.
- Maintain records for all capital assets and applies appropriate depreciation rates.
- Works with credit union examiners to ensure effective examination process and responds appropriately to exceptions and recommendations.
- Responds timely to inquiries from Sr. Management and others regarding financial results and/or special reporting requests.
- Establishes the necessary policies and procedures for the Accounting Department and ensures that they are followed.
- Establishes and maintains and tests business continuity plan for all applicable services.
- Responsible for management and training of the Accounting Department Staff.
- Demonstrates leadership and professional development to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings as necessary.
- Stays informed of applicable developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Provides assistance and guidance to all management and staff regarding accounting related issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum: Bachelor's Degree from four (4) year college or university in Accounting, Finance or Business with Emphasis in Accounting and four (4) years of advanced Accounting experience with a financial institution in a leadership role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation highly desirable.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
TEAMWORK Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
DECISION QUALITY Understands the Member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; is widely trusted and sought out by others for advice and solutions.
PROBLEM SOLVING Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and innovative solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
ACTION ORIENTED Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
ADAPTABLE Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and active learners; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experiments and will attempt multiple ideas to find solutions; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.