This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Card Services Representative
Location: Card Services Department / Denver, CO
Job Code: 213
# of Openings: 1
Hours: Monday - Friday 8a - 4:30p Rotating Saturdays 9a-1p
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Pay Range: $35,900 -$43,100 Annually
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Compiles, verifies and files records and forms to control issuing, blocking, or renewal of VISA debit and VISA credit cards. Requires interfacing with members and employees to resolve problems and disputes for the VISA debit, VISA credit card and ATM programs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Answers non-routine member questions on billing disputes and finance charges.
- Initiates appropriate dispute per VISA regulations on behalf of members through online processor.
- Acts as primary source of information and support for other departments and branches on issues regarding Card Services. Assists branches and related departments as needed. Answers questions and resolves problems as needed.
- Performs on-line adjustments and maintenance of accounts.
- Process ATM adjustments for members and non-members using CUOFCO ATMs. This includes return items and network settlement adjustments.
- Assists with issue and reissue of cards and Personal Identification Numbers (PIN’s).
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
TEAMWORK Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
DECISION QUALITY Understands the Member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; is widely trusted and sought out by others for advice and solutions.
PROBLEM SOLVING Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective and innovative solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
ACTION ORIENTED Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward)
ADAPTABLE Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and active learners; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; experiments and will attempt multiple ideas to find solutions; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to operate standard office machines, PC and CRT.
Knowledge of VISA regulations, Regulation Z, Regulation E and Regulation CC.
Ability to apply oral and interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.